Nantucket's Best Kept Secret Bartlett's Farm has been a fixture of the Nantucket community since the early 1800s when William Bartlett began tilling the soil and harvesting hay. What many don't know, … Learn More
Welcome to Dharma Yoga Nantucket
We believe Yoga is for everyone.
Regardless of your age, weight, or flexibility, Yoga will meet you where you are and support you in your growth through regular practice. All you have to do is “be receptive.”
Derived from the Sanskrit word meaning union, Yoga enables us to achieve a balance of mind, body, and spirit. Yoga allows us to get in touch with our true selves, calming the nerves and clearing the mental clutter. By embracing all eight limbs of Yoga, we establish a foundation for a life that is centered and strong, one in which we are able to connect well with others and motivated to make wise choices.
Why practice yoga?
Quite simply, it makes you feel better.
It’s good for your body
- Improves flexibility, balance and strength
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Increases energy
- Stimulates the immune system
- Improves digestion
- Improves circulation
- Facilitates metabolic function
It’s good for your mind
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves concentration and mental focus
- Calms the nervous system
- Facilitates clarity of thought
- Produces greater awareness
It’s good for your soul
- Produces positive emotions
- Enhances self esteem
- Produces a sense of calm and well-being
- Helps us get in touch with our true selves