Part 3: Gifts to give for Eating.
1. Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis
2. Sweet Gratitude: A New World of Raw Desserts
byMatthew Rogers and Tiziana Alipo Tamborra
3. How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
by Mark Bittman
Other Fun Gifts:
1. Bring a basket of fresh vegetables and herbs to your next Christmas soiree. Bartlett’s Farm has a wonderful selection of delicious organic greens and herbs. Add in a few pomegranates and you have a living gift that any chef would love!
2. This is the big splurge of all 3 lists, but it is an appliance that you will use everyday. It is great for smoothies and soups, sauces and ice creams. It guarantees that you will start eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, and what could be a better gift than that?
Available at: http://www.vitamix.com/index.asp or amazon.com
3. Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor. This is another appliance that I use everyday. Starting the day with a fresh juice is a habit I strongly encourage. This juicer is durable and afordable.
Available at: amazon.com
4. The best gifts are those that are gifts of our time and attention. Surprise the honey on your list with a romantic candlelight dinner prepared by you. Hire a babysitter and clear the calendar. Even if you are not a great cook, give it a whirl, The love in the preparation will be readily apparent.
After all, that is what this Christmas celebration is all about, giving of ourselves and sharing our love.